We are Local Vocals Community Choir
WE ARE BACK UP AND SINGING AGAIN!
Who are Local Vocals?
Local Vocals started in January 2019 as a Community Choir for anyone over 18 who wishes to spend time in a relaxed group singing away the cares of the day. We are based in Deddington and the choir is run by a small committee of volunteers. Our aim is to laugh, sing and more often than not, hit the right note!
Here are a few comments from our members!
“This is such a great way to unwind after a heavy day at work. Lots of laughing and good fellowship. My favourite evening of the week.”
“My lovely wife died on her birthday the 3rd of February 2019. She was 76 years of age and we had been married 57 years. My loss was great and I knew I had to find an interest to lessen the pain and so I joined the Local Vocals Community Choir. My choice could not have been better. The warmth of the choir members and their friendly attitude, and of course their singing, gave me at least one evening in the week I could return home feeling content.”
“…wanted to say how much I have enjoyed my first two visits to the choir rehearsals. The evenings have been stimulating, fun and quite a unique approach by Cat both the musical director and conductor. The friendliness of the fellow members is also both warm and encompassing!”
Our Choir Leader:
We are very fortunate to have a new wonderful, experienced and patient choir leader Rachel who inspires us to go beyond what we think we are capable of.
Our Current Repertoire:
– With a little help from our friends: in memory of 3 lovely former members
– Super Trouper: a crowd pleasing Abba hit
– California Dreamin’: released by the Mamas and the Papas in 1965
– I am a River: not too many words but quite complex
– Too Much Love Will Kill You: one of the lesser know ballads by Queen
– The Sans Day Carol: a Cornish Christmas carol written in the 19th century
– Gaudete: in Latin. I know!
– We Wish You a Merry Christmas: preparing for the festive season
– Happy: an upbeat but complicated tune from Pharrell Williams
– Oh What a Night: a Four Seasons classic
– Country Roads: the 1971 hit for John Denver
– Cecilia: made famous by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel
– Eleay: an African song
– I’m a Believer: a big hit for The Monkees
– Knowing Me Knowing You: one of Abba’s best
– Mingulay Boat Song: a Gaelic tune from the 1930’s
– Sloop John B: The Beach Boys take on a Caribbean folk song
– Yonder Come Day: originally sung by enslaved people of America